The Sun Sets On Chickamauga

May 29, 2013
After leaving Ruby Falls I rode to the top of Lookout Mountain and spent the rest of the afternoon at Point Park, exploring exhibits associated with the battle that took place there in November 1863. The videos below show my descent of Lookout Mountain and sunset visit at Chickamauga. Next stop is Kentucky.

Slideshow - Point Park Visitor Center

Slideshow - Point Park

Slideshow - Chickamauga


Descending Lookout Mountain


12-Minute Video of Chickamauga Battlefield

Royal Inn To Ruby Falls, Point Park And Back

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your presentation is so much more exciting than my trip through the same area. There were people meandering about. Very few visible during my visit. Pictures are so much better the wau upi photograph things. Good job.

Cousin Jim said...

Wow!! You just get better and better. It does make me a little a little sad though for two reasons - it makes me think of all the suffering and lives lost and I am sad that I could not complete the trip with you. Thanks for sharing it through video and music. Your choice of music is phenomenal. Allison Krause's pure voice was the perfect accompaniment in the first video and the trumpet, guitar and violin in the second were just plain excellent. I would love to know who the musicians are.

After you rest up, you will have to do this again through another part of the country so we can all travel vicariously.

Leon said...

This presentation is amazing. Beautiful video, beautiful photo's with delicate "pan&zoom", beautiful music, and put together with an artist touch. Man...you need to give me lessons on how you do that. Your cousin Jim says it all...."just plain excellent".

It pleases me that this area has been preserved and kept sacred for all who lost their lives during these battles. Also that we are allowed to visit and go through this absolutely beautiful countryside.

Magnificent presentation Glen.

Glen Bernard said...

Thanks guys for your kind remarks. I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your latest installment,
always interesting, enjoy the music and narrative. Carla J