Maybe I Need A Beamer

Cousin Jim, a BMW rider in Texas whom I hope to visit on the upcoming trip, shared this excellent "ride-video" he found on YouTube. Sadly, I'm now inclined to throw all my camera gear in the nearest river, for there's no way I'll be able to produce a travel-video anywhere near this good.  Filled with absolute stunning "still photography," mixed with strategically placed video clips taken from various angles, it is the best I've seen. In addition to mounting the video camera at different locations on his bike, it appears the rider used a "helmet mount" for some of the scenes and had a passenger with a steady hand.

Why can't I make a video like this? After all I'm from Oregon, just like this guy. I rode to California, along the same route as this guy. I have a video camera and a "still" camera, just like this guy. Though I don't anticipate the opportunity, my video camera can film underwater, just like this guy's. I have the theme music for the movie "Dances With Wolves", just like this guy. I have a Harley, just like........ ummm?...... that must be it. Maybe I need a Beamer! For those who aren't up on their biker jargon, that's a BMW. Maybe that's what Cousin Jim is trying to tell me in his sharing of this video?


(Watch This "Fullscreen" by clicking
the rectangle at bottom right.)

2 comments:

Cousin Jim said...

I'm glad you've seen the light about the superiority of a Beemer. :-)

But I have to admit, that new Road King of yours is absolutely beautiful and my experience riding an Ultra Classic through Rocky Mountain National Park a couple of years ago convinced me that Harley is making a very fine motorcycle these days.

I'm anxious to see you again and to ride a little of East Texas with you and your friend.

Unknown said...

Yeah, that was pretty impressive. However, maybe he is a professional. (?) If he is he needs better choice in music. I like the first song, but the lyrics "falling down", and "colliding", are not not lyrics I would want on a motorcycle ride. Also, it doesn't go with the other music. I do like how he had the real sound intertwined with the musi, and the sunrise and putting up the tent scene. I don't see why you can't do a lot of it.